Markus Enzweiler received the MSc degree in computer science from the University of Ulm, Germany, in 2005. In 2002 and 2003 he was a visiting student researcher at the Centre for Vision Research at York University, Toronto, Canada. He received the PhD degree in computer science from the University of Heidelberg, Germany in 2011. Since 2010, he has been working with Mercedes-Benz Research & Development in Stuttgart, Germany. His current work focuses on camera- and LiDAR-based scene understanding for self-driving cars. Since 2015, he teaches a Master’s level course on computer vision and deep learning at the HFT Stuttgart, Germany.
He received graduate and PhD scholarships from the Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes (German National Academic Foundation) and is a juniorfellow of the German Informatics Society. He is the author of several scientific papers published in highly regarded journals and conference proceedings. Besides several best paper awards, he received both the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society Best PhD Dissertation Award and the Uni-DAS Research Award in 2012 for his work on vision-based pedestrian recognition. In 2014, he was part of the Daimler team that received the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society Outstanding Application Award.
A detailed resume is available on request.
- IGD Fraunhofer Best Paper Award 2017, Category: “Impact on Business”
- IEEE IV Symposium Best Paper Award 2016 for: L. Schneider et al. Semantic Stixels: Depth is Not Enough, 2016.
- Juniorfellow of the German Informatics Society (GI – Gesellschaft für Informatik)
- IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society Outstanding Application Award 2014
- IEEE IV Symposium Best Paper Award 2014 for: B. Fröhlich, M. Enzweiler, and U. Franke. Will this Car Change the Lane ? – Turn Signal Recognition in the Frequency Domain, 2014.
- GCPR (German Conference on Pattern Recognition) Main Prize 2013
- IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society Best PhD Dissertation Award 2012
- Uni-DAS Research Award (Wissenschaftspreis) 2012
- Scholar of the Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes (German National Merit Foundation), Undergraduate, Graduate & PhD scholarships