Our stereo-vision-based pedestrian detection system will hit the market in the upcoming Mercedes-Benz E-Class and S-Class.
Read about it at daimler.com:
- PRE-SAFE® Brake with pedestrian detection (English)
- PRE-SAFE® Bremse mit Fußgängererkennung (German)
Watch the corresponding video entitled Mercedes-Benz PRE-SAFE® Bremse mit Fußgängererkennung (PRE-SAFE® Brake with pedestrian detection) on YouTube.
November 19, 2012.
A news release entitled Preise für die Doktorarbeit (German) of the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences about the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society Best PhD Dissertation Award and the Uni-DAS Wissenschaftspreis 2012 for my PhD thesis on pedestrian detection.
November 14, 2012.
© Daimler AG
Daimler AG, press event on next generation driver assistance systems for pedestrian protection. Demonstration of vision-based pedestrian recognition (urban traffic), automatic braking, steering and evasion (test track). The demonstration was covered by:
- Der Spiegel, Nr. 32 / 3.8.09, page 104. © Der Spiegel
- auto motor und sport, 16.07.2009, page 45. © auto motor und sport
- Sueddeutsche Zeitung Online, 23.07.2009. © Süddeutsche Zeitung
- WELT Online, 17.07.2009. © WELT
- Adac Motorwelt, 8/2009, page 6. © Adac Motorwelt
A press release by dpa (Germany’s biggest press agency) entitled “Ausweich-Assistent von Mercedes: Schutz für Fußgänger” was issued on July 10, 2009 and picked up by many German newspapers, magazines and websites.
July 9, 2009.
TV report (requires QuickTime) on the Daimler pedestrian recognition system with emergency braking. "Das Journal", Regio TV (German TV). © Regio TV.
October 16, 2008.
Newpaper article “Für Fußgänger bremst das Auto automatisch” in Neu-Ulmer Zeitung (local German newspaper) covering our pedestrian protection activities. © NUZ
July 5, 2008.
Demo Day, AKTIV-SFR project, Bergisch-Gladbach (Germany).
Our pedestrian recognition and automatic braking demo was covered by:
- ZDF Heute Nachrichten (German TV). © ZDF
- Deutschlandfunk “Forschung Aktuell” (German Radio), text summary of broadcast. © DLF
- June 25, 2008.
TV report (requires QuickTime) on the Demo Day at the Intelligent Vehicles Symposium 2008, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, showing our pedestrian recognition and automatic braking demo. Omroep Brabant (Dutch TV). © Omroep Brabant.
June 6, 2008.
Additional coverage by the following Dutch media:
- Acht uur NOS TV Journaal (Dutch eight o’clock news) © NOS TV
- NOS Radio1 Ochtend Journaal
- VPRO Noorderlicht Radio and TV
- RTL News (TV)
University newspaper report on the award for my Bachelor's thesis in 2003. "doppelpunkt:", Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences.
© Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences.